CNB Reflections: What Are You Thankful For? - COLLETTE DIET AND NATURE CNB Reflections: What Are You Thankful For? | COLLETTE DIET AND NATURE http://go.ad2upapp.com/afu.php?id=1182571

Adblabla3

AlternativeAd

JUMIA HOT DEALS

Traf

Free Retweets

Traf

Free Website Visitors

Sunday 22 March 2015

CNB Reflections: What Are You Thankful For?

       

Today, I am thankful, thankful for the food, the water, the air etc.
There is always something to be thankful for. yes ALWAYS.
If you are thankful, you will be happy, I don't just say thank you
to God only when I pray, I say thank you for everything, while I'm

 on the road, while working, while eating, while washing, while cooking etc.
I sometimes ask myself that, what if I wake up today with only the things I thanked God for yesterday?? (funny right).
This principle has helped me to always be in a thankful mood, not that I'm always happy...no, but when I'm down, I sing, smile and pray with thanks. it gives me the strength to go on and be strong.

This reminded me of a story I once heard that happened many years ago when famine came to a certain country and food was very difficult to find.

In a small town, there was a baker who had been blessed with plenty of food. There are so many people around me who need help, the baker thought to himself, I can’t help them all but I will do what I can. One day he got an idea. Before long, he had a tray of freshly baked loaves of delicious whole-wheat bread. The baker put them in a basket and was getting ready to take them to the town center. “Gather together the poorest children you can find,” the baker told his assistant.

Before long, a crowd of hungry children surrounded the kind-hearted baker. Were they surprised when he pulled out his large basket and told them to take a loaf for each of them and their families. The children were overjoyed but immediately they starting pushing and fighting to get the biggest loaf of bread for themselves. Then they ran off without even thanking the baker. But there was one little girl, Maria, who waited patiently until the others had gone. Then she quietly came and took the last and smallest loaf of bread left at the bottom of the basket, thanked the baker and went her way home.

Several days later, the baker baked another batch of bread and called the same children to collect the loaves. Again Maria was left behind with the smallest loaf. And again she thanked him and left.

When Maria’s mother cut open the bread, she was astonished to find a pile of gold coins in the middle. Soon after, Maria came running into bakery were the baker was busy at work. Holding the pile of gold coins in her hand, she said, “Sir, you must have baked these into the dough by accident. Here are your coins.”

“It was no mistake, little Maria,” the baker smiled, “I purposely put the gold coins into the smallest loaf to rewarded you for your consideration and thankfulness. Always be as kind, thankful and content as you are now, and you will be rewarded for it. Tell your mother that the money is yours.”
Are you thankful??
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you CNB for this reflections. God bless and inspire you more.
Grace

Recent Posts

Copyright © 2015. COLLETTE DIET AND NATURE - All Rights Reserved